Avenue F. Roosevelt, , 50, CP161 - 1050 BrusselsE-mail :
Please login to access this email adressWebsite : ulbtto.beContact person :
Isabelle LefebvrePhone :
+32 (0)2 650 24 01Vat :
The role of the ULB-TTO is to promote collaborative research and business development between the university and its external partners (businesses, public institutions, competition clusters, etc.), and facilitate knowledge and technology transfer from university to civil society.
More precisely, the TTO’s roles include:
- supporting researchers in setting up projects that have practical applications
- transferring R&D technology (negotiating licences, supporting the creation of spin-offs, etc.)
- managing ULB’s Intellectual Property (IP)
- supporting R&D project development: identification and evaluation of the technical and economic potential of inventions, patent applications, sourcing partners, industrial contract negotiation, securing funding, developing the specifications and budgets…
- supporting various themed projects launched by the university, especially in biotechnology (Pôle Santé in Brussels), information and communication technology (ICT), or materials.
- contributing to local and regional economic growth: on behalf of the researchers, the ULB-TTO monitors regional calls for projects and tenders opened in Brussels (Innoviris)
The ULB-TTO is also highly active as part of the LIEU network, the technology transfer network for French-speaking Universities in Belgium. The team is made up of highly-specialized professionals (scientific advisors, legal advisors, business developers, communication advisors).
At ULB today: creation of 56 spin-offs (41 still active), 115 active technologies of which 91 patent families, 57 transferred technologies in 2019