A new Finance Facility to stimulate investment in Infectious Disease R&D
How does it work?
The loan is provided to the selected company by the European Investment Bank (EIB), which is backed by the EU’s research and innovation funding programme, Horizon 2020.
The EIB covers up to 50% of the project costs.
What is the aim of this instrument?
The aim of InnovFin Infectious Diseases, a new financial product which was launched at the beginning of June, is to fund high-risk projects in the area of infectious diseases, where the risk is linked to the successful development of a compound, drug or medical device, and to its future commercialization.an innovative, high risk thematic debt facility
Which projects can be funded?
- Projects which have passed pre-clinical stage and for which clinical validation is needed for further development or projects which have gone through the proof of concept stage (in case of medical and diagnostic devices).
- Loan amount: min EUR 7.5m, max EUR 75m.
- Loan maturity: up to 7 years.
- Currency: EUR and local currency.
- Pricing : commensurate to the risk incurred.
Where on the value chain is this instrument situated?
First Success Story: http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=newsalert&year=2015&na=na-130715
More Info or Questions?
Your NCP contact at impulse.brussels is:
Sarah Van Haelst – email@example.com – 0032 2 800 08 47