Member Cost: $0
Non-Member Cost: $0
Having the right information at the right time is critical to delivering safe, affordable, and accessible patient care. While healthcare is noted for its regulatory requirements, the digital age has greatly enhanced workflow, mobility and connectivity, guiding patients and providers toward a richer healthcare experience.
Overall Learning Objectives:
1) Identify the impact associated with not gaining accurate or timely consents for healthcare transactions
2) Determine the ways to reduce administrative risk for both the patient and the provider during a healthcare encounter
3) Explain how care is enhanced with access to digital tools and resources
|11:00 AM – 11:30 AM CT||Challenges to Delivering Patient Care: Operating Without Consent|
|When patient consent has not been acquired in a timely manner, the wellness cycle can be jeopardized. Delays to care delivery, ineffective use of resources, and interruptions in the revenue cycle are all very real issues that organizations can resolve through digitization.
1) Identify obstacles to realizing total care delivery when digital maturity has not been established.
2) Highlight opportunities to avoid the chain of failure when obtaining patient consent
|11:45 AM – 12:15 PM CT||Reducing Administrative Risk: Benefits for Patients and Providers|
|Creating a secure digital network is critical to satisfying both patient and provider regulatory burdens. Achieving an understanding of people, processes and technologies that will help to reduce administrative risk is crucial to enhancing the flow of patient care.
1) Examine the importance of developing a tailored, digital network, inclusive of the knowledge compulsory to delivering effective patient care.
2) Examine safeguards that protect patients and providers from accidental disclosure of ePHI.
Jan K Oldenburg, FHIMSS
|12:30 PM – 1:00 PM CT||Digital Tools and Resources: The Pathway to Meaningful Patient Engagement|
|Digital technology has revolutionized how industries deliver service, and healthcare is no exception. The promise and the possibilities of engaging digitally with patients and providers can contribute to a meaningful patient experience overall.
1) Discover how enriched digital offerings can empower a patient’s participation in their wellness experience.
2) Explore analytics that convey the importance of investing in digital offerings that positively influence patient care.