Johnson & Johnson Innovation, CMC Consulting Group and IMD Alumni BeLux Present:
M&A and Innovation in Healthcare:
- Successfully exit your healthcare invention to key decision makers in pharma and medtech industries
- Raise interest for your healthcare solution among the oversupply of innovation in healthcare
- Connect M&A with a corporate innovation strategy in order to maximize value
September 29th 2015, 16:00 – 20:00 hours at the Cercle Gaulois, Brussels, Belgium (followed by networking and cocktails)
All companies (from start-up to multinational) face strategic challenges (questioning how to grow, where to grow, whom to partner with, and whom to sell to). Healthcare companies with deep pockets and shallow product pipelines are poised to look outside for innovation. M&A and partnering is an integral component of development strategy. But how do you connect one with the other in order to maximize value?
During an afternoon / evening session, major issues related to exiting healthcare innovations to strategic and financial partners will be addressed by tapping into the experience of:
- Academia / Tech Transfer
- VC and PE
- Kurt Hertogs, Platform Innovation & Incubator Strategy Leader, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, London
- Wim van Camp, General manager UGent TechTransfer, Gent
- Bart Diels, Managing Partner of GIMV Health & Care, Antwerp
- Christian Homsy, CEO, Celyad, Mont-Saint-Guibert
- Dr. Giacomo Basadonna, Director Medical Affairs Division, CMC Consulting Group, Boston
- They always tell us they need more data, when will it end?
- Proof of concept and validation
- What should you look for in a partner?
- Partnering models: Out-licensing, Commercialization & Venture Financing, Exit
- Medical / Regulatory Affairs is essential for bringing innovation to the market