The event consists out of two parts. Each part can be joined seperately.
- Brainstorm: The purpose of this brainstorm is to capture the needs and challenges existing in elderly care today and see how ICT can be the solution to optimize the situation or solve the problem.
- Hackathon: The results of the brainstorm will be used as challenges during the two days hackathon. You will be part of a team of care professionals, policy makers, technical people and other professionals. The teams will be developing new ICT applications which will give an answer to a formulated today’s need in healthcare to optimize the life of the elderly. Every application or game will be linked to an active business plan and will be presented to a team of venture captitalists. This hackathon will take place in Ghent on September 23rd and 24th 2015.
Similar to the first and second edition in Genk and Kortrijk, our goal is to create promising startups in the digital health scene.
If you’re interested in creating or coaching your own startup – and improving healthcare while you’re at it – then Hack for Health is for you!
“Hack for Health is a unique opportunity to meet people with great ideas and astonishing motivation to achieve great things. This provides a unique opportunity to work out a business case that is worth pursuing”
The focus on Hack for Health lies on three key elements of success:
- Addressing a clear market need (and clinch a first customer). During the brainstorm we formulate real world challenges – problems that need urgent fixing. We invite you to help solve them. Do so and you’ll have a first client (and you’ll know that your product is addressing a generic need in the market)!
- Developing an impressive and marketable prototype. During two days you’ll work intensely in team to develop a first basic iteration of the proposed product (call it a Minimal Viable Product or Minimal Viable set of features). We’ll give you all the tools and support you need to build the prototype. At the end of the two days, you’ll have an opportunity to pitch the product to an impressive jury of potential investors and customers.
- Forming a dynamic team. The quality of teams can make or break a business. HackforHealth is designed to create great teams. During two days you’ll be for forming, storming and performing, helped along by experienced coaches.
Hack for Health is organised by Microsoft Innovation Center Flanders as part of the European AAL programme.