In a nutshell
- Eurostars is a funding programme for R&D projects
- Eurostars targets R&D-performing SME willing to develop a new innovative technological product, process or service and targeting a quick market accession
- Its approach is purely bottom-up, you propose your project idea, your R&D. All technological thematic are accepted as long as the project has a civilian purpose (military projects are not eligible)
- Eurostars supports collaborative projects involving at least two partners coming from two different participating countries
- The funding is provided by Innoviris (and the other national funding agencies) following our regional rules which you already know (no need to adapt to other European rules). We agreed with Eurostars to provide funding to the best projects involving Brussels-based partners and selected by the programme Secretariat
- The projects introduction and evaluation are centralized at the Eurostars Secretariat and Innoviris agreed to follow the projects ranking list
Why is this programme made for you ?
- Eurostars supports the development and growth strategy of European SMEs by funding R&D projects whose results will be rapidly commercialized (market introduction must be completed within 2 years of the project’s completion)
- No big complex consortium, you set up your own partnership with one, two three…other entities depending on your needs (complementary expertise, access new markets for the outcome of your R&D).
- Smaller projects, lighter procedures than in other European programmes, for enterprises who never participated in European projects yet, Eurostars is the perfect opportunity to start with international collaboration.
- High success rate: around 90% of projects having received a score above the quality threshold are funded (global success rate: 30%)
Eurostars open call for proposals
Consortiums are invited to introduce their projects until September 15th.
Save the date
On June 14th 2016 from 11.00 to 12.00, a webinar will be organized by the Eurostars secretariat to provide all the information and explanation you need on the Eurostars programme. Do not miss that opportunity to hear everything about those funding tools.
You will also find here an explanation sheet with all the necessary information to understand the programme. Moreover, please do not hesitate to check the website of Eurostars where you will find all the documents to help you writing your project but also success stories and other projects examples.