The AAL Programme finances projects aiming to create better condition of life for the older adults through the use of information and communication technology (ICT) .This program reinforces the emergence of innovative ICT-based products, services and systems for ageing well at home, in the community, at work thus increasing the quality of life, autonomy, participation in social life, skills and employability of elderly people.
AAL projects gather together SMEs, end users organizations, research organizations to build one project and get public funding for it. The funding for AAL projects comes from regional or national funding agencies. In the Brussels-Capital Region, Innoviris finances the AAL projects.
AAL program launches the calls for proposals every year and the next call will be issued at the end of February 2016 and will be on the theme “Living well with dementia — The contribution of ICT to integrated solutions for enabling the wellbeing of people living with dementia and their communities“
In this context, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland organize a joint AAL Information and Matchmaking Event to reinforce the cooperation between enterprises, end-user organizations and universities of three countries and to facilitate preparation of projects consortia.
Why this event?
- To explore cooperation opportunities in applied R&D with innovative partners from Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg
- To get information about funding from your National Contact Point (NCP)
- To discuss project ideas with entrepreneurs, end-user organizations and researchers
Who will participate?
- Private companies from Switzerland , Belgium and Luxembourg , end-user organizations and research institutes working in the field of aging societies, iCT solutions for older adults or health technologies and who want to learn more about the upcoming AAL call and meet potential project partners.
How this event will be organized?
- One-day event providing general Information on AAL Programme, the 2016 call for proposals and national funding rules
- presentation of the AAL running projects
- Networking possibilities (“face to face” pre-arranged sessions)
- 21st January 2016
- Registration is open until 19TH January via https://www.b2match.eu/aalinfoday2016
Where? , B-1000 Brussels
This event is free of charge but the registration is mandatory as the maximum number of participants is fixed at 80.
This event is co-organized by Innoviris with participation of IWT (Flanders), SPW ( Wallonia) and the national funding agencies from Luxembourg and Switzerland . lt is kindly supported by EEN, the European Enterprise Network for SMEs. The conference language is English.
For more information, please consult the agenda
We are looking forward to welcoming you to this event!