Robots. A decade ago pure science-fiction, now quickly becoming a truly disruptive reality. A reality with the power to address some of the biggest challenges we face in our society and industry and with the fantastic ability to improve the lives of people. Recognizing this unique opportunity, 8 research groups of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) have decided to join forces and create the BRUSSELS HUMAN ROBOTICS RESEARCH CENTER BruBotics. BruBotics performs top-notch interdisciplinary research on how human robotic technology can improve the quality of life and working conditions of all members of our society.
As to celebrate the launch of the BRUSSELS HUMAN ROBOTICS RESEARCH CENTER BruBotics and to present our ambitious goals, BruBotics and the VUB have the pleasure to invite you to the BruBotics Launch Event.
On 27 April 2016, the 70+ BruBotics researchers together with several key note speakers will submerge you into the inspiring world of Human Robotics, and show you how this technology will have an impact on the people we live with and the world we live in. We’ll showcase some of our most exciting projects, demonstrate how we are helping shape the robotic (r)evolution and give insights in how robotics will affect sectors as diverse as healthcare and manufacturing.
BruBotics and the VUB hope to welcome you to this Launch event, and enjoy a cocktail served by our cocktail robot afterwards.
The programme of the evening will be as follows:
- As from 16:00: Welcome & registrations
- As from 16:30 at AULA Q.C.:
- VUB rector, Paul De Knop | Welcome
- President BruBotics, prof. Dirk Lefeber | An introduction to BruBotics
- CEO Audi Brussels, Patrick Danau | Human-Robot collaboration in the manufacturing industry
- Founder To Walk Again, Marc Herremans | Robots to walk again
- Deputy Prime Minister, Alexander De Croo | Davos 2016, robotics and artificial intelligence
As from 18:00: Demonstrations and poster sessions with reception in the U-Residence.
The event is free, but we kindly ask you to register.
Location: Aula Q.C. (keynotes) and U-Residence (demonstrations and reception), Campus Etterbeek, Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Both locations are within easy walking distance of each other.
Via public transport: the campus is easily reachable via train, metro and tram.
- Train: the train station ‘Etterbeek’ is located next to the campus.
- Metro: metro stop ‘Petillon’ is located approx. 1 km from the campus.
- Trams 7 and 25 halt at the stop ‘VUB’.
- Villo: a Villo station is available at Etterbeek station
By car: We advise you to use entrance 13 to enter the campus
- GPS address: Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel (Elsene/Ixelles).
- Parking is available on the campus, follow the instructions.
- When coming from the E40: keep in mind that the Montgomery tunnel is closed.