The “Biomedica Award will be granted for the second time during the 9th Biomedica Summit in Genk on June 2nd and 3rd, 2015.
Collaborating companies and academic institutes/universities will be rewarded for innovative application oriented research, or scientific projects in the field of life sciences and health care. The award aims to create synergies between companies and academic institutions in order to accelerate the process of introducing scientific ideas into the market and bringing them to the patient.
The applications for the award will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clear description of how the collaborative model brought value to the academic partner as well as to the industrial partner
- Explanation of value created by the collaboration
- Degree of Innovation, new products, concepts or processes
- Potential market applications and market implementation
- Overall performance (scientifically and economically)
- The academic institute is located in North-Rhine Westphalia, the Netherlands or Belgium.
5,000 euro will be provided as a one-time payment to be shared equally between the academic institute and the industrial partner.
Submission Deadline: Closing May 8th, 2015.
More information and applications here.