From 4 to 12 June, a Belgian delegation will head to Atlanta, Boston and New York as part of a Belgian multi-sector economic mission to strengthen business partnerships between Belgium and the US, with HRH Princess Astrid presiding.
Take advantage of a varied, week-long personalised programme (currently in the planning stage) organised by our teams in Belgium and our economic and commercial attachés on the ground. Featuring B2B meetings, official gatherings, company visits, sectoral seminars, ceremonies and networking receptions. It’s your chance to find out local community priorities and the projects you could help develop together!
Belgian economic missions also enjoy wide media coverage, which companies can benefit from directly or indirectly.
Each city has its niche
While this mission is targeted at all businesses, some sectors will feature more heavily depending on the city being visited:
- In New York: sustainable construction, cleantech & climate tech, food, mobility, logistics, citizen participation, smart cities and energy (renewable).
- In Boston: medtech, healthtech, biotech, life sciences, pharmaceutical industry.
- In Atlanta: fintech and audiovisual.
A packed programme is currently in the planning. You’ll soon be able to access it on this page.
- €100 for SMEs
- €300 for businesses with more than 250 employees
- The Brussels-Capital Region can contribute up to 50% of the travel and subsistence costs (for SMEs only). Note: your request must be submitted the day before departure at the latest.
The official flights, selected hotels and their prices will be shared with you at a later date.
You do not have to reserve the same transport and hotels but you’ll need to let us know which you choose.
Passport and ESTA
- Passport valid for the entirety of your stay (temporary passports not accepted)
- You will need to apply for an ESTA(online application for permission to enter the US without a visa), cost 14 USD
You will need sufficient proof of solvency (credit card, travel cheque, etc.)
Note: entry conditions also apply when transiting through a US airport.
More information will be available at a later date on the latest health restrictions in place in the US and what that involves.
Will will also take into account any prevention measures and ensure compliance with rules and best practices.