In a nutshell
- Eurostars is a funding programme for European R&D projects
- Eurostars targets R&D-performing SME willing to develop a new innovative technological product, process or service and targeting a quick market accession
- Its approach is purely bottom-up, you propose your project idea, your R&D. All technological thematic are accepted as long as the project has a civilian purpose (military projects are not eligible)
- Eurostars supports collaborative projects involving at least two partners coming from two different participating countries
- If the projects introduction and evaluation are centralized at the Eurostars Secretariat, the funding is provided by Innoviris (and the other national funding agencies) following our regional rules which you already know. We agreed with Eurostars to provide funding to the best projects involving Brussels-based partners and selected by the programme Secretariat
Why is this programme made for you ?
- Eurostars is a programme aiming at supporting the development and growth strategy of European SMEs by funding R&D projects whose results will be will be rapidly commercialized (market introduction must be completed within 2 years of the project’s completion)
- This programme allows you, through the setting up of small international consortium, to combine complementary expertise to perform your project and to access new markets for the outcome of your R&D
- For enterprises who never participated in European projects yet, Eurostars is the perfect opportunity to start with international collaboration. With the limited size of the targeted consortium and the lightness of the procedures compared to other European programmes, Eurostars will be the perfect test bench for you
Eurostars call for proposals 2016
In 2016, consortiums are invited to introduce their projects until February 18th or September 15th.
Save the date
On February 11th 2016 from 1.30pm, an information session about this programme and the other European programmes having a bottom-up approach and dedicated to SMEs will be organized together with Impulse.brussels in our premises. Do not miss that opportunity to hear everything about those funding tools. If you want to subscribe, please send an email to Michele Kaisin – email@example.com. To consult the agenda, click here.
You will also find here an explanation sheet with all the necessary information to understand the programme. Moreover, please do not hesitate to check the website of Eurostars where you will find all the documents to help you writing your project but also success stories and other projects examples.