lifetech.brussels’ achievements in 2014
12 February 2015 - 11:58
2014 was a busy year for the cluster and its members. Interested in finding out what we do each day? Here is an overview of our achievements for 2014.
Support to entrepreneurship and innovation:
- 185 accompaniments of innovative companies in the field of health
- 65 innovative companies supported in their development strategy (of which more than half are new projects)
- These accompaniments favored the creation of 8 new companies in the Brussels region
- 110 prospections or opportunities for collaboration with national and international professional associations, private intermediaries such patent attorneys, lawyers, and public … .All these contacts will enrich the development of the cluster network and optimize the services to the cluster members.
Promote the visibility of the sector:
- 11 newsletters sent to more than 490 subscribers
- 22 articles published in the press
- More than 1 675 monthly visitors on our website lifetech.brussels and an increasing visibility into our social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Strengthen the Ecosystem: Animation and development of synergies:
- 16 seminars, with a total of over 450 participants
- 4 international missions
- BIO – organization of a Belgian booth at the BIO International Convention in San Diego (in collaboration with Flanders and Wallonia). The 14 Brussels’ participants (companies and universities) have been very successful, especially the virtual reality live demo conducted by OUAT!
- Medica – organization of a Belgian booth at the international fair Medica in Düsseldorf (in collaboration with Brussels Invest & export as well as Flanders and Wallonia). 17 Brussels’ companies were present on the regional stand. Moreover, two spin-offs Zebra Academyand FeasyMotion were present on the first lifetech.brussels’ booth.
- Health 2.0 Europe – Belgian delegation. Following the success of the first two editions of the Health 2.0 Belgium, lifetech.brussels, with Zebra Academy, Esperity and Smartlink Labs, participated to the Health 2.0 in London to raise the visibility and the internationalization of the Brussels initiative.
- Annual EAHSA Conference – organization of interactive workshops about innovation. lieftech.brussels supported the organization of different workshops on innovation at the annual conference organized by the EAHSA (European network of nursing homes) inAmsterdam.
Establishment of synergistic projects for the development of communities dedicated to digital health and virtual reality:
- Health 2.0 Belgium – Launch of the Health 2.0 Belgium initiative in June 2014, which aims to develop the eHealth community. The 2 first editions have enabled 13 Brussels projects to make a demo and brought together over 98 participants.
- BE.VR – lifetech.brussels , software.brussels and screen.brussels organized the first Brussels event on the theme of virtual reality. lifetech.brussels was in charge of the health track. The inaugural event was attended by 18 speakers (7 for the health track), 15 demos (including 6 for health) and more than 170 participants. These events will take place every two months.