The Brussels Region intends to play a reference role and position itself at the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence. The ‘Team Up’ program wants to foster collaboration and technological transfer between universities and industry by making 4M€ available for cooperation and technological transfer between the academic world and companies. It is a win-win situation: companies are required to integrate the latest technical innovations, but do not always have sufficient knowledge, whereas the academic world has the knowledge, but generally lacks practical applications.
The ‘Team Up’ Program
What? Collaborative projects, with R&D that will give rise to functional prototypes that can be used by companies.
- Project in consortium between academic and companies. Number of partners in consortia: free!
- Between 1 & 3 years.
- 1/3 of the effort done by the private partners
- Transfer a prototype from academic partner to industrial partner (algorithm, software (in beta version), etc).
- Artificial Intelligence has to be taken in a broad sense : “The ability of a system to autonomously learn from data and turn this knowledge into actions and / or recommendations”
- Any company based or with activities in Brussels
- Non-profits can be eligible too. If you have questions about this, do not hesitate to contact me.
- R&D centers from Brussels (academic (VUB, ULB or UCL) or Hautes Ecoles/ Hogescholen)
- 100% for the academic partners.
- Between 60% and 70% for the industrial partner.
- 4M€ available for the call, but can be extended if you all have very good projects.
- Call Open already
- Expression of Interest : 31/3/2017 (short description of the project and partners).
- Eligibility check by Innoviris. If you pass the step, all industrial partners will be funded 7500€ to write the final proposal to be submitted in June 2017.
- Begin of the project : January 2018
But with who are going to collaborate? A matching event will take place on January 17th.
Topic for 2017 : Artificial Intelligence
But what do we mean by Artificial Intelligence ? It is the ability of a system to learn from data and turn this knowledge into insights and actions.
Artificial intelligence is, without a doubt, at the heart of the digital world’s current preoccupations. Computer giants such as Google and Facebook are continuing to buy start-ups that are working in this field. Whether it is transport, robotics, health, education or even security, many aspects of our daily life are affected. The progress is to that extent nobody can allow himself to fall behind.
Read all the information here.