The Rise call for projects aims to highlight the most innovative Brussels start-up of the year.
In concrete terms, this programme aims to reward the best technological company through the allocation of a grant of as much as 100% of the costs related to the implementation of its Strategic Innovation Plan (PSI).
This strategic plan enables the company to present its business strategy (R&D, Innovation, Finance, Business Development, etc.) via the drafting of a global programme outlining the candidate’s RDI vision as well as its innovative projects in the medium and long term. This PSI covers a maximum period of three years.
By means of a pre-selection process and a face-to-face evaluation by a panel of hand-picked experts, Rise also offers candidate companies the opportunity to defend their vision of the future with motivation and conviction as well as their technological choices in the field of innovation.
Interested? Now it’s your turn to take up the challenge!
What are the eligibility conditions?
Your start-up may benefit from Rise aid if it fulfils the following conditions:
- be a small company according to the definition provided by the Order of 26 March 2009 wich aims to promote research, development and innovation, and by the Commission recommendation 2003/361/EC concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. The calculation takes account of data concerning the candidate company as well as that concerning other companies which are their partners and/or which are linked to them;
- develop all or some of its activities within the territory covered by the Brussels-Capital Region;
- have been created less than five years before obtaining the aid;
- show high innovative potential:
- either by providing an evaluation from an external and independent expert, in particular on the basis of an activity plan, establishing that the company will, in the near future, develop products, services or processes which are technologically new or substantially improved in comparison to the state of the technique in the sector concerned in the European Community, and which present a technological or industrial risk of failure;
- or by presenting research and development costs corresponding to at least 10% of the company’s total operating costs over the three years preceding the conferment of the aid or, in the case of a new company without any financial history, the audit of its financial year in progress, with the figures being certified by an external auditor;
- show that its strategic innovation plan is likely to have a favourable impact on the economy, employment and/or sustainable development of the Brussels-Capital Region;
- have fulfilled its obligations in the context of previous support initiatives allocated by the Region.
- never have been selected as an innovative start-up in the Brussels-Capital Region in the past.
For the 2017 edition, the call is open from 25 April 2017 to 14 July 2017 at 2 pm at the latest.
Type of financial intervention
Financial aid of a maximum of €500,000 per company is allocated as a grant.
This grant may cover all types of costs related to the implementation of the Strategic Innovation Plan for a maximum period of three years.
Evaluation of applications
The applications are evaluated by the jury on the basis of the analysis of the documents submitted by the applicant and an interview by the jury.
Innoviris contact person
Industrial Research and Innovation Team
Tel. +32 2 600 50 71