The Bridge programme aims, through “Strategic platforms”, to support projects in which particular attention is paid to opportunities for industrial applications for Brussels enterprises.
This year, Innoviris BRIDGE call on Health and Personalized Medicine
Objective: Bridge the distance between research and the economical valorization.
A consortium with at least 2 Brussels research entities and at least one valorization partner is required.
The 4 main economical sectors for valorization are:
- Brussels Care sector: Hospitals, nursing homes, health houses, …
- Brussels located Free professions: Doctors, Physiotherapists, Psychologist, Osteopaths, …
- Social Security
- Brussels-based companies
- The development of a health care system, based on maintaining a good well-being and good health.
- To allow patients to take an active part within their health management.
- To support and stimulate an active participation of the patients in the research and health care.
- To set up a dialogue between the patients, the health care professionals and the researchers. (see the “dialogue model” (Abma & Broerse, 2010).
- To refine, reduce or even replace pharmaceutical approaches and therapeutics in order to create new strategies of health care while maintaining the high quality and safety for patients.
- The creation of new jobs through the development or revaluation of jobs within the health and well-being sector.
- The integration of new professional actors within the health care strategies.
- The development of new services/products.
- Create a better coordination between the different health care actors.
Each consortium should have (a) mentor(s)/godfather(s) to support them toward the valorization of the research. The condition of at least one mentor with location in the Brussels Capital Region must be met.
The godfather institution can be a company, an association or institution relevant for the project. IF relevant for the project and if the valorization will clearly take place in Brussels, a mentor not located within the Brussels Capital Region is permitted
Different types of mentor/godfathers are possible:
- Level 1: Spectator
A passive participation of the mentor/godfather. The representative of the mentor organisation is at least present during the follow-up comities and events. He is mainly taking note of the project results.
- Level 2: Challenging role
The mentor/godfather has frequent interactions with the consortium and gives active feedback on the project.
- Level 3: Collaboration
The mentor/godfather shares his expertise and results related to the project and gives access to his infrastructure. More time and human assets are dedicated to the project.
- Level 4: Pilot Case
The mentor/godfather foresees a pilot case for the project. For this he grants access to his infrastructure or equipment. He is involved in the setup of the pilot case and will benefit from it.
- Level 5: Effective Collaboration
The mentor/godfather is an effective partner of the consortium. He will take part within the work packages with own tasks. These tasks will be achieved on his installations and by input of his own human asset.
Under Level 5 a Brussels-basd mentor/godfather can apply for a “Explore program” funding. See next topic “Grant”
Universities and Research Centers are 100% financed.
Companies and Associations, if taking part as a level 5 mentor/godfather, can apply for funding in accordance the EXPLORE program subsidy percentages.
Financing roles within the EXPLORE program:
- University financed 100%
- Companies (only Brussels based Companies):
- Applied research
- Big Company 40%
- Medium Company 50%
- Small Company 60%
- Fundamental research
- Big Company 65%
- Medium Company 75%
- Small Company 80%
- Applied research
Work packages can be attributed to applied or to fundamental research. However, most companies WP’s are expected to be under the “applied research”.
Project duration is 2 to 3 years.
- 01/02/2017: Launch of the call
- 01/03/2017 till 15/03/2017: A feedback meeting, only on demand. Innoviris will give extra advice on the projects in preparation.
- 02/05/2017: Submission of the full proposal
- 15/05/2017 till 31/06/2017: Jury defence
- From 01/10/2017: Project start
You may submit your Expression of Interest to Innoviris up until 2 May 2017