As you might know, at lifetech.brussels, we continuously screen the sectors of health and entrepreneurship to identify the topics our members might encounter difficulties with. These pain points guide our actions. So, what are our key strategic issues for 2015?
Some themes were already identified. In 2015, lifetech.brussels will focus primarily on two strategic areas: eHealth and Aging population.
However, the year is still young. Therefore, if you have any suggestions about topics that call for a seminar/workshop, let us know!
Focus on our core businesses:
To be efficient, it is important to stay focused. We believe our main activity – being at the services of Health entrepreneurs and SME’s – must stay our main focus! We will continue to develop our expertise in order to:
- Strengthen support for startups and SMEs Brussels
- Reinforce awareness about key success factors, including regulatory aspects and pharmaco-economics
- Support of individual projects/entrepreneurs
- Develop a collective support program for projects/entrepreneurs. This Acceleration Program will be conducted in collaboration with the MIC and target eHealth startups.
- Intensify a pertinent cluster animation trough the organization of regular networking events, thematic seminars based on the needs of our members.
- Support the internationalization of our members trough international fairs and events:
- Bio Entrepreneur (Paris) in January
- Medica (Hannover) in November
- BIO (Philadelphia) in June
- International Life Sciences Summit Autonomy and Aging – Challenges & Outlook (Sherbrooke, Canada) in September
Strengthening synergies around strategic themes
The health sector is broader than companies only. Our goal is to create an ecosystem that boosts innovation by stimulating interactions among organizations. In order to identify and stimulate synergies lifetech.brussels will focus on improve its knowledge of public and private actors, with a focus on hospitals and non-profit organization strengthen the link between technological and social / societal innovation.
Moreover, regarding the theme of the Aging population, the cluster has set two main objectives:
- Organizing a thematic Startup Weekend. The objective is to raise awareness about the sectorial challenges and the entrepreneurial opportunities raising from this evolution.
- Coordinate the European Ambient Assisted Living Call aiming to develop new technologies to empower seniors. o Regarding the topic of eHealth, the cluster has set as main objectives:
Regarding the theme of the eHealth, lifetech.brussels’ objectives are :
- Maintain the Health 2.0 Belgium Community by organizing regular events aiming to stimulate innovative companies, develop an active eHealth community and provide informative feedback to entrepreneurs.
- Develop a global eHealth Strategy for the Brussels region with Agoria and Abrumet.
- Consolidate Innoviris’ Platform ICT4Health by supporting the transition of the academic R&D projects to sustainable business models.
You have noticed: we have a busy year coming! However, our motivation to offer the best support to our members is high and seeing their projects evolve is the best reward to keep it like that.